Went to the Jersey shore for the first time this summer and got my henna tattoo which I am in love with. :’)
Posts tagged personal.
A story about this bridge in Riga: there is a park right in the center of old Riga with a bridge that has probably thousands of locks on it.
The tradition is that newlywed couples get a lock engraved with the date and their names, lock it on the bridge, and throw the key into to water to symbolize their love which can never be broken.
As a part of my health-food kick I bought myself a super cute owl lunch box as an incentive to pack my lunch instead of living off office vending machines. It’s amazing how much healthier I feel after cutting out all that junk food.
And I’m going to the gym tomorrow morning because I hate seeing my gym membership being deducted from my bank account and not taking advantage of it.
- The first week and a half was filled with sad funeral related things that I won’t get into
- but then I went to Belarus to a village practically in the middle of nowhere
- and I held baby pigs
- and milked a cow
- I milked a god damn cow (had to be reiterated)
- went to the Latvian version of Octoberfest (except in May)
- Tried every type beer there and got very inebriated
- Danced a lot at the concert at the Beer Fest
- made some tourist friends
- successfully remembered everything I did the morning after
- went to see the circus WITH FRONT ROW SEATS
- went to see a russian play/musical WITH FRONT ROW SEATS
- ate some of the best russian food that I already miss oh so dearly
- walked all over the city because that’s what everyone does and now I am crazy fit!!
- went to my beloved outdoor market and did some shopping
- discovered my favorite bar of all time that serves the best tequila shots
- met up with old friends, family friends, and whatnot
And now I am home and I can’t believe that I didn’t smoke for 3 entire weeks and I can honestly say I didn’t really miss it! And I feel so much more independent because of all the important but sad things I had to plan for the funeral. Then I navigated the city like a pro and my Russian skills have improved tenfold and then I flew home across the Atlantic by myself via two flights.
Is this what adulthood feels like?? I feel like I can tackle anything since I got through this.
Airport and plane pictures!
(be prepared for a TON of pictures when I come back).
I am currently in Helsinki, Finland and I have a 2 hour long flight layover. I should be in Riga, Latvia around 7 am, east cost time. My 7.5 hour flight from NYC went pretty well, we flew with Finnair and each seat has a tv screen where you could watch a ton of movies and tv shows! I got myself hooked on The Mindy Project. I took 2 sleeping pills yet only managed to snooze towards the end of my flight for an hour. :/ Oh and the best part was that our plane has a camera on the wing so you could see what the pilot sees directly in front of the plane. I’ve never been on a flight like that before so it was really neat to see the liftoff and landing like that.
Right now I’m hanging out in the lounge enjoying the free wifi. I’m not too sure when I’ll be able to get on again once I get to Riga. The weather is a chilly 51 degrees here. Although the main reason I’m flying there is bittersweet, I still cannot wait to be back in Riga. Last time I was there was the summer after I graduated high school (2 years ago). I will try to post an update when I get to Riga as soon as a can.
I was feeling extra crafty and inspired after I drove to the craft store to buy some paint brushes. So I decided to create a summer care package for my best friend from college who’s back in Maryland right now.
- a handwritten note
- her shirt and lip gloss that I found in my room
- stickers and post it notes
- hearts from Build a Bear
- samples of shampoo and sunblock
- hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works
- oatmeal that she loves
- a mixtape of songs to blaze to
- and my favorite, a hand-painted lavender box with my favorite fruit tea inside
I had a blast putting all this together for her and I know that she’s going to love it!
Side note: please appreciate the sloth poster on my desk :’)
I would just like to say that today was my last day of finals and my posting will resume in copious amounts.
My presence on tumblr will be felt much more.
You have been warned.
There were two bunnies actually, Russian Easter is this Sunday so it’s pretty ironic. I cannot get over how cute they were!!
Found this cute little guy in my backyard today. Kept him captive for only a few minutes to take a picture before setting him free.